Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Open Water Season

With HHBF's First Annual Open Water Meet on the horizon and +Swim Ontario about to release the details for Open Water Provincial Championships, I figured I would touch base with Ron Jacks of Pacific Coast Swimming, who also happens to be the coach of Olympic Bronze Medalist (10KM swim), Richard Weinberger, to talk Open Water Swimming.

 I've been meaning to have Ron back on the show for a very long time, but he's a really busy guy. Luckily we arranged some time in Victoria at World Trials to have a phone chat. You are cordially invited to listen in.

Ron talks about the World Cup in Cozumel, Mexico; the state of the sport in the world and in Canada and about what makes an outstanding Open Water swimmer. Some good sport science stuff at the end. Coaches, swimmers and parents should enjoy episode 43 of #coachmikepodcast.

As always, you should check out my blog and follow me on Twitter(@coachmikeswim). Check out my archived past episodes as well.