Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm Back


Recently returned from my trip to Austin, TX with the Swim Ontario High Performance Team. My report from the trip (and newest podcast with interviews from the trip) can be found HERE.

This article was sent to me from Andrew Craven (Head Coach of LAC). It was originally published in the American Swim Coaches Association newsletter, but since the question has come up countless times in the past 7 years, I figured this would be a good read.

Attention to all who have read the Central Region SC Championships meet package: The Meet package qualification times appear incorrect, as they are inconsistent with the entry file and the agreement with the Central Region coaches made in September of 2010. As per the agreement, qualifications for Central Region Championships are a "B" standard. It appears that the package was recycled from an earlier version and the standards not changed. I have expressed my confusion and concerns to the region. Any further concerns from parents should be voiced to the Central Region Board.