Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Winnipeg... 12 hours from GO TIME.



HI everyone. I am writing from my hotel room in sunny Winnipeg (WAY less humid than at home). We arrived yesterday morning around 10am and got settled. We then went for a practice at the PAN AM pool. The complex is one of my favorites (some interesting memories exist there from my swimming career). It has 2 x 8 lane, 50m pools and a 4 lane, 25m pool for warm down. It also has a full color "mini-jumbo-tron" as well as a all of the state of the art knick-knacks for accurate timing and replay.

This meet has over 1400 swimmers entered (which should make for an interesting warm-up session). It is going to be insane and VERY competitive. HHBF probably stands to make a few finals and possibly a medal or 2 if things go well.

Tomorrow's line up: Karl, Mitchell, Matt and Kyle in 200BK. Mitchell also swims 1500FR early in the afternoon.

Stay posted to my Facebook page, I will be updating who has made finals, etc. If someone (or multiple people) make finals tomorrow night, finals will be available by webcast at www.swimming.ca/swimcanwebtv .

I am very excited! Our guys are here to be competitive and I feel that they will be. Coming out early gave them a chance to get used to both competition pools and to get acclimatized to Winnipeg and to the travel.

Wish us luck!

We miss you guys!

Mike Thompson
Head Coach
HHBF